Sunday, August 14, 2011

Please help me: My boyfriend was abusive but said I was the aggressor and had a knife, I need help PLEASE!!?

My boyfriend and I got into an argument and it got physical. He held me down, shook me, threw me into the back of our sofa (i cracked my head on the support board on the back), took my car keys and phone and wouldn't let me leave. I tried to look for an emergency 911 link to the local police dept. (its in my browsing history. I also have photographs of the bruises and the cops took some as well. While we were arguing and after he already had my phone he pushed me against the wall again and i punched him in the face and kneed him in the . He then ran to the bathroom and called the cops yelling, "she has a knife and is going to stab me" to the 911 operator. I tried yelling through the bathroom door that he has my keys and phone that he was beating on me but he turned on the bathroom fan to try and drown out my voice. I heard him say at another point that there were guns in the house (HIS hunting rifles) and that I was on my way trying to get to them so for the cops to please hurry because i was going to shoot him, The cop came and took me in< they took my statement but it was completely different than what i said and i wouldnt sign it. No one will hear my part of the story or take a statement. (ive been to the local police dpt 2x since ive been released and they have literally refused to take my statement.) I have spoken to a public defender but they have given me no insight on how to prepare for my final order of protection hearing that is scheduled tomorrow. what can i expect and what can i do to prepare? Does anyone have any other info that can help me with this case because i feel like i am not getting any help as a victim myself. Also i would like to note that there was NEVER any knife or gun or even talk of any on my end and he was actually locked (by his own accord) in the bathroom when he was saying all of this. Also will this hearing allow me to go get my things from the house? I went with a cop and the cop got a few things that my ex gave him for me but it was things like flip flops and swimsuits and clothes for donation and a mattress pad and other bs like this but i need my real clothes. Also important to note that i DID mess up and text him AFTER the temporary order was filed, I texted him only about if i could take our dogs out for the day but i know it was still a violation so how bad will that be for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment