Friday, August 12, 2011

Catholic church telling followers who to vote for presidential candidate?

I want to hear from both sides, and why. How do you feel about the Catholic church telling its followers what type of presidential candidate to vote for? Or in some cases, which one candidate to vote for? Isn't that a violation of mixing church and state affairs? Wouldn't then (theoretically) the Catholic church be able to "sponsor" a strongly Catholic candidate, and tell its followers to vote for him? I want to make something clear, I am a Protestant, or at least that's what I have been labeled by the Catholic church, and I have no hate against Catholics, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. My "religion" isn't perfect, but we cannot judge a religion by its members, we judge it by its beliefs. If we didn't, Catholicism would be just as taboo as Nazism. Hitler professed to be Catholic, remember? But all in all, do you think it's right for the church to do so or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment