Thursday, August 11, 2011

What is a good piano piece for a competition (I'm 14)?

I am planning to do a local competition for kids next year around this time of year (this years was today). I feel like I would have to work very hard to get something special ready otherwise I might be out of place. This year, I am playing Golliwogg's Cakewalk by Debussy and Chopin's Waltz in A Minor from Opus Posthoumous for adjudications. Golliwogg's Cakewalk took about six months to get perfect (almost), but I have a year to do this. I got alot more serious about practicing a while ago and I skipped over about three levels which I am now filling in. My favorite composers are Debussy, Ravel and Chopin. I want a challange but nothing inappropriately difficult. All suggestions are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment